Followers

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Two knitted blankets

Good morning 

They are going to a dementia ward. Sent From my craft club we don’t do much crafting more chatting. I joined three weeks ago. First time I have just walked in and joined anything.

Also it stops me munching in the evenings.🤣

 I knitted this blanket in 12 days.  It measures 36inches or 76cm, I added some flowers to the centre squares. I had 15 squares left added one more colour It measures 36inches or 76cm, by 24inches 71cm

It is plain knitting stitch each row (garter stitch)

 Cast on one stitch at the end of each row. Slip stich the first stitch of every row until you reach 40 stiches

Then decrease a stitch at the end of every row until you only have two stitches knit two together 






6 comments:

tilly said...

How lovely for you to have joined the craft club and a great start with two beautiful blankets xx

Janette said...

Well done you Ginny, I think you were really brave to do a walk in, hope you really enjoy it and make new friends.
Your first two blankets are gorgeous, look forward to seeing more.xx

Elaine Stark said...

Great work. I loved making this style of blanket when I was a young girl with my mum. I am still using one of them as a throw. Elaine

Chris said...

Ginny, well done on joining the craft club, it's brave to just walk in on your own but so good to get out and meet new friends. The blankets look lovely, so soft and cosy- you're a fast knitter!
xx

Curly said...

Wow great work, you are so multi talented, they are so amazing
Have a great day
Bridget :) xx

StephW said...

Wonderful blankets and a lovely way to knit & natter with new found friends ... Steph x